Job vacancy University Librarian
View all 762 Jobs
The Federal University, Gashua
The Federal University, Gashua, Yobe State, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position .
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration of the University, its branches and extension and for providing library services for the entire University community.
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer of the University, who is/and responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration of the University
- He is the Academic and Administrative Head of the University Library system, responsible for the overall management of the Library and Information resources and services, formulating and implementing library and information policies and Initiating reforms in the development, management and utilization of information resources and infrastructure
- He should possess personal and professional qualities that should reflect in his ability to provide effective and visionary leadership with integrity and transparency in both his official and private life
- The candidate must also be visionary and possess the ability to provide good leadership
- He must be able to command the respect and loyalty of both Academic and Administrative staff of the University.
Candidates for this post should:
- Be professionally qualified and be a practicing Librarian
- Possess a good honours Degree and Ph.D in Library & Information Science obtained from a recognized University
- Have a minimum of 15 articles published in reputable journals/books, possess proven records of sound administrative leadership;
- Have at least 20 years relevant experience, preferably in a University system
- Be Chartered Librarian, registered with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN)
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
Salary and Condition of Service
- Salary and conditions of service shall be as obtainable in Federal Universities in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of word processed Applications, up-to-date Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and names of 3 (three) referees. The CV should include the following below:
- Full name (surname first in Capital Letters)
- Place and Date of birth
- Marital status
- Number and Ages of children
- E-mail and GSM number
- Postal address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of origin & Local Gov’t Area
- Schools attended & qualifications obtained with dates
- List of Publications
- Positions held with dates
- Membership of professional body
- Names and addresses of 3 (three) referees.
Applications should be enclosed in a sealed envelop and marked “Confidential: for the attention of the Registrar” at the left hand corner of the envelope, addressed and sent to:
Federal University, Gashua,
- Late applications will not be entertained and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Successful applicants will be required to be resident in Gashua, in Bade Local Government of Yobe State.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs