Job vacancy Chief Investment Officer/h...
Chief Investment Officer/h...
JOB SUMMARY:The responsibilities of the Head of Traditional Assets, and Portfolio Management (HTA) will include managing all Money Market, Bond and Equity based Funds and Portfolios, in line with their investment mandates. This will require careful analysis of macroeconomic variables, currency, and yield/dividend expectations. The HTA, who will double as Chief Investment Officer, will have an in-depth understanding of how different types of traditional asset classes react to different market conditions both locally and offshore. He/She will be tasked with analyzing, selecting, trading, and monitoring Funds and Portfolios for customers. In addition, the HTA will support the Business Development efforts of the Sales and Marketing teams by providing market insight, marketing material on investments, going on client visits and offering investment advice to clients. A l s o, the HTA will develop and execute new investment product initiatives. In addition, the HTA will mentor junior portfolio managers and analysts. He/ She must be a strong team player and motivated to work in an entrepreneurial environment.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:• Analyze data and make recommendations regarding expected changes in interest rates, inflation, market trends, and other factors that may affect the value of existing Funds and Portfolios or opportunities for new investments.• Manage Funds and Portfolios consistently, in line with investment guidelines.• Generate superior returns on Funds and Portfolios under management, in line with their investment objectives.• Develop new investment products and services for distribution to investors.• Monitor clients’ investment portfolios to ensure that clients’ needs are being met, including adjusting existing holdings or recommending new holdings as needed.• Source, analyze, trade, and monitor individual securities across traditional asset classes.• Maintain relationships with market counterparties, to ensure proper coverage and best execution, in trades.• Manage the day-to-day operations of the Traditional Assets Portfolio Management team. • Prepare Investment Management Agreements, for Funds and Portfolios.• Liaise with the Compliance & Risk Management team, particularly around breach management and trades.• Prepare reports regarding the status of client investment portfolios, including performance analysis and recommendations for changes in holdings.• Chair weekly Portfolio Management review meeting.• Support the Alternatives Assets Portfolio Management team, when necessary.• Support the Business Development Department in Marketing and Sales activities.• Mentor junior Portfolio Managers and Analysts• Carry out other responsibilities, as may be assigned.PERSONALITY SYNOPSIS:• Excellent execution skills• Shows initiative.• Attention to detail is critical, as is the ability to multi-task.
we are looking for a candidate who fulfill these requirements
- SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:• Extensive knowledge and expertise on financial markets/instruments/regulations
- macroeconomic analysis
- investment valuation and portfolio risk management tools
- etc.• Proficiency in Bloomberg
- and other research/data compilation tools.• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with other team members toward a common goal.• Extensive experience in investment product development• Excellent presentation skills• High level of integrity and strong ethical standardsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:• A degree holder in Economics
- Accounting or any other relevant Business-related field• 7‐12 years of experience investing and managing portfolios in traditional asset classes preferred• Strong business acumen with a demonstrated knowledge of identifying potential value-creation opportunities in financial markets and building and maintaining strong client relationships through an investment performance track record.• A CFA charter would be an advantage.
- Performance Bonus Official Status Car HMO 13th month Leave Allowance
How to Apply
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs