Adexen was mandated by an international FMCG company to recruit an experienced Group Head of Technical for their operations in Nigeria. The position is based in Lagos. Responsibilities
Desired Skills and Experience
- The Group Head - Technical Services leads the capital asset creation, management and optimization for the group. The role builds strategic relationships with Suppliers/ Partners and collaborates with respective BUs to drive most efficient and effective utilization of assets. He provides technical leadership across the group.
- Capital Assets Creation: Build and deliver capital asset creation plan in line with the Strategic Growth Plan of the group keeping long-term sustainability, best in class and support. Signs off Bill of Material (BOM) for all capex projects.
- Technology & Equipment Suppliers/Partner Relationship: Build strategic relationships with all key equipment and technology suppliers to deliver most economic and efficient delivery, performance and service
- Asset Care: Develop a framework and program to ensure great asset care of critical and important assets.
- Project Management: Develops a robust project planning and management system to ensure all new capex projects are delivered within timelines, cost and quality. Individually drive supplier-side project requirements.
- Asset, Process, and Cost Optimisation: Drive asset, process and cost optimization across major capital assets. Collaborate with BU teams to ensure optimization projects are delivered.
- Provide Technical leadership and is the "go-to person" for all technical challenges
- Technical & Quality Audits: Set up Central Audit function and audit framework (in line with HSE and other standards); build Technical Quality Index and conduct audits to build a culture of improvement.
- People Management: Build, guide and mentor a passionate and knowledgeable technical team
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Automation) or similar
- MBA is a plus
- Qualification in Project Management is a plus
- Minimum 10 years experience in a similar technical & engineering position in an international corporation
- Multi-factory supervision experience
- Food and beverage manufacturing experience preferred
- Lean manufacturing culture and cost saving approach.
- Understanding of best-practice reliability processes and techniques
- Highly skilled in production, Quality and safety processes
- Familiar with industrial equipment and utilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing a large multicultural technical team
- Previous experience in emerging markets / Africa / Nigeria is a plus
- Ability for travel to operating locations
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.