Job vacancy Farm Manager
View all 41 Jobs
We are searching for a manager with good business sense to join our team. The farm manager’s responsibilities include monitoring staff, crops, and livestock, purchasing supplies, preparing budgets and reports, and ensuring maximum profit. You should be able to maintain professional networks and keep abreast of developments in agricultural science. Farm managers supervise staff, monitor crops and animals, and handle various administrative tasks. They prepare budgets, purchase supplies, maintain relationships with vendors and clients, and ensure maximum profitability.
To be successful as a farm manager, you be detail-oriented but also keep the bigger picture in mind. Outstanding candidates are keen problem solvers who are focused on efficiency and take a hands-on approach to management.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Coordinates with administrators and research project leaders on work plans and programs and makes recommendations for improvements, land preparation, fertilizing, planting crops, cultivation, and harvesting of experimental feed plots.
- Determines soil use and rotation of crops.
- Inspects dairy, garden, poultry, orchard, and other units; confers with and advises project leaders on problems; requisitions equipment and materials; approves work schedules.
- Plans and supervises the planting, cultivating, harvesting and storing of field and garden crops on large and complex institutional farms.
- Supervises all operations of one of the larger and more complex institutional farms.
- Makes reports on time, equipment, materials, and production; keeps records and prepares estimates of needs.
- Directs the repair and maintenance of farm buildings and equipment.
- Performs related work as required.
- Ensuring all staff adheres to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
- Farm Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, animal science, or equivalent.
- Additional courses in business management or administration are recommended.
- Extensive experience in a farming-related field.
- Management experience would be a plus.
- A passion for agriculture.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs