Job vacancy Logistics Officer
View all 36 Jobs
We are looking for an experienced logistics coordinator to manage all aspects of logistics throughout our supply chain. The logistics coordinator will be responsible for organizing and providing efficient transportation and storage solutions for the entire lifecycle of our products, from the acquisition of raw materials to final product distribution.
Logistics officers perform various functions working in military and non-military settings. They provide logistics support in the areas of inventory, surveying, and projecting; ordering and pre-staging equipment for deployment. They are also responsible for procurement planning, transportation, and storage, as well as overseeing the organization, planning, and maintenance of the fleet.
The daily tasks and responsibilities that commonly make up the logistics officer job description depend on the business or organization they work for
However the primary functions of a logistics officer are listed below
- Carry out packing, crating, and warehousing, and storage duties in preparation for site-specific program and shipment
- Oversee customer based queues and plan and allocate tasks to meet configuration requirements
- Responsible for tracking, receiving, and stocking all items ordered
- Ensure materials are appropriately stored
- Program the final inventory of materials prior to shipment
- Provide a list of all equipment moved from the consolidation areas into sponsor shipping channels to project coordinators
- Manage and maintain inventory to operating levels to avoid supply
- Manage the repair of equipment
- Responsible for supervising and accounting for an inventory
- Carry out annual property inventory and provide other report in his area of responsibility.
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
- Education: To work as a logistics officer, you are require to have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business administration, or Transportation; Industrial Distribution, Industrial Engineering, or Supply Chain Management, or in a related field
- Knowledge: It is important that applicants have an understanding of logistics operations and practices. They must also have extensive work experience in logistic or supply chain management tasks
- Employers also look out for those who can develop logistics plans, policies, and procedures, and provide technical and procedural advice in a broad range of logistics areas. It is also essential that logistics officers can efficiently and rapidly store and retrieve information using filing and tracking systems
- Computer skills: To work as a logistics officer, applicants must have a thorough understanding of MS Office applications and logistics software necessary to conduct research and complete routine/moderately complex tasks
- Analytical skills: They must be able to assess moderately complex information from multiple sources and draw logical conclusions
- Interpersonal skills: It is crucial that they can establish and preserve productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect, as well as nurture an effective working relationship with the work team
- Communication skills: Applicants must be able to communicate with various stakeholders, including customers, colleagues, vendors, etc. It is also vital for composing and delivering responses to customers, attending to complex questions in a clear and concise manner, and reporting the status of assigned tasks
- Organizational skills: Logistics officers must be able to plan, prioritize, and manage their own activities and office workflow even when working under tight deadlines
- Client orientation: It is essential that they have a customer focus attitude to regard those to whom services are provided for as customers. Having a customer orientation helps to understand customer requirements, identify clients’ needs, and match them to appropriate solutions, or suggest and implement solutions to customer issues
- Flexibility: Logistics officers must be willing and able to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require overtime or extended hours.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs