Adexen was mandated by an international FMCG company to recruit an experienced Head of Transport for their operations. The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria. Responsibilities
Desired Skills and Experience
- Efficient and effective logistics and fleet operations while paying close attention to cost management, customer satisfaction, health and safety, delivery of materials and finished products to end users including provision and maintenance of Trucks for operations.
- The position reports directly to the Country GMD / CEO
- Direct reports: transport managers, workshop managers, logistics managers
- Prepare the annual Transport Budget based on volume targets from Sales and Production functions, available truck fleet, and operating parameters for the truck fleet
- Supervise all transport related activities in the Company including coordination of daily loading activities & deliveries, as well as fleet management
- Track and monitor the movement of trucks to and from the Plant / Customers / Warehouses to ensure achievement of target turnaround times (TAT).
- Ensure timely repair of trucks in order to maximise number of trucks in operation at all times
- Ensure achievement of operating norms – fuel consumption, tyre lifespan, maintenance lifecyle, etc.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, training and safety records
- Ensure that staff are highly motivated and provided training opportunities leading to their overall development
- Minimise accidents through regular inspection and repairs of Trucks, preventive maintenance, driver training, etc.
- Comply with regulation and ensure that license and documentation for trucks and drivers are always up to date
- Implement cost reduction initiatives while ensuring good facility management. This will cover general fleet operations, Workshops, Truck Park, Fuel Dump etc.
- Responsible for overall logistics planning leading to fulfilment of OTIFIC (On time, in full, invoiced correctly)
- Collaborate with other Departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, production, or shipping
- Bachelor's Degree from a recognised University
- Minimum of 15 years in the Logistics and Transport Industry with at least 10 years in a Management position within an international organisation
- People management experience (Excellent Leadership & Team Building skills)
- Excellent Communication, Report Writing and Presentation skills
- Analytical with good decision-making skills
- Ability to understand and interpret financial information and performance results
- Ability to manage a large multi-cultural team
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.