Adexen was mandated by an international organisation to recruit an experienced Operations Manager (Logistics and Oil&Gas). The position is based in Port Harcourt. Responsibilities
Desired Skills and Experience
- Responsible for managing key accounts, coordinating field operations providing operational solutions for prospective and existing businesses. Will have thorough knowledge of oil and gas the logistics operations and be the subject matter expert for the team
- Build & adapt process & organizations: Build and review regularly the import organisation (staff, skills). KAE units must be balanced in terms of skills and experience.
- Define SOPs in collaboration with QHSE department
- Organize periodic operational review with the support of QHSE department & implement validated recommendations
- Manage Existing client portfolio: Ensure that the agreed quality of service is delivered to clients (according to quotation conditions and Group guideline)
- Ensure that no potential business with current clients is lost, Increase Group Oil & Gas participation in client’s business by offering complimentary services (warehousing, barging etc.),
- Providing solutions to customers for their logistics challenges, Lead/ assist KAE communication with the client in case of operational issue (potential or real),
- Involvement in credit control, summit weekly report to GM and assist credit control officer on specific challenges.
- Support with new client onboarding: Support Sales department with client’s presentation, Provide logistics solutions to potential client’s logistics needs.
- Monitor quality of service and profitability for the department;
- Responsible for the achievement of budget goals in terms of costs, disbursements, DSO and Quality of Service, Review and analyze disbursements.
- Manage operational relationship with subcontractors: In charge of operational relationship with operational subcontractors (excluding tariffs negotiation) including internal ones, Organize and follow the quality of service delivered by the subcontractors & provide corresponding feedback to GM, Ensure the balance in terms of workload between subcontractors
- Alert/Inform Management; Implement specific organization/ control on major potential risks (temporary import, direct delivery, exemption process...) and perform a monthly follow-up at least, in collaboration with field operations manager. Alert management in case of significant operational issue (huge impact on quality of service, on invoicing, on sensitive clients...) Inform GM of any information relevant regarding our business activity or environment, identify issues raised during operations processing whatever in his scope or not
- Bachelor's degree from a recognised university
- A Master's degree will be a plus
- At least 10 years’ experience in Operations Management
- At least 8 years’ experience in Oil & Gas industry
- Technical knowledge (logistics and oil &gas)
- Strong Leadership skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Client Focused and Solution Driven
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.