Adexen was mandated by an international organisation to recruit a Head of IT for their operations in Nigeria. The position is based in Lagos. Responsibilities
Desired Skills and Experience
- Lead the IT Department in its support of the organization through the introduction and maintenance of best practice in the professional high-quality provision of IT infrastructure, telecommunications, business systems and strategic planning of future IT requirements to support the Group strategy and staff.
- Ensure that all systems are secure, stable, and robust
- Provide expert knowledge, experience and an innovative approach to support and develop the IT strategy ensuring it is continually appraised and updated to reflect the IT requirements to support the strategy of the company
- Develop strategy as it relates to the organization's IT infrastructure (computer and information systems, security, communication systems)
- Develop, manage, and track the IT department's annual budget
- Provide expert strategic knowledge and inspirational leadership, training and coaching to the IT staff for whom you are responsible and overall management responsibility for all IT teams.
- Provide proactive comprehensive solution orientated support to the Directors, Managers, and staff on all IT matters.
- To be a decision maker providing strategic and professional leadership on all Group IT projects and development
- Develop Group processes and standards for selection, implementation, and support of systems
- Provide direction, guidance, and training to IT staff
- Ensure data backups (local archiving and external archiving)
- Manage Group IT licensing, all software’s must be genuine and declared to the different publishers.
- Provide cost effective solution
- To be responsible for the operational, strategic planning and provision of resource for the delivery of projects and support across the organization.
- Delivery of projects, both technical and applications, on time and on budget in line with business requirements.
- Ensure that user requirements are met and communication during the project journey has been open and realistic.
- Negotiation of prices and achieving best values on IT purchases.
- Manage tender processes in relation to IT hardware, networks and security, telephony, printer hardware and service together with software solutions. Oversee the implementation of these and ensure future needs are anticipated.
- Oversee all IT related purchasing budget preparation and monitoring with support from Finance.
- Keep pace with legislation to ensure compliance in all areas including Data Protection in liaison with the organization, and particularly with the dedicated Data Protection Officer for the Group
- Analyze department needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost productivity, efficiency, and accuracy to inform business decisions
- Develop and execute disaster procedures, and maintain data backups
- Plan, organize and assign tasks to the MIS team to ensure smooth running of operations (Production follow-up, Hotline, Administration, Management)
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science from a recognised university
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience working in IT operations, supervising technology teams, and overseeing large information technology projects within an international organisation
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems
- Background in software development, experience of managing technical and development teams.
- ITIL foundations certified
- Knowledge of change management processes
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Active Directory environment
- Knowledge in network/telecom (Cisco certifications appreciated)
- Knowledge in VMWare virtualization technology environment would be an added value
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.