Adexen was mandated by an international group to recruit a Lead, Tender and Project Quotations for their operations in Nigeria. The position is based in Port Harcourt, Nigeria Responsibilities
Desired Skills and Experience
- Responsible for tenders and project quotes dealing with all commercial and estimating activities associated with Client’s tender and project requirements from receipt of tender and project enquiry through to contract award and consequent handover to operations
- Identify the key operations deliverables and communicate same to Operations for operations planning.
- Collaborate with all relevant Departments / Units to develop the operational strategy for the tender.
- Think out of the box to improve the project schedule and make the most of the client constraints.
- Responsible for managing all commercial aspects of allocated Client tenders and Budget Proposals including all associated subcontracts and supplier proposals in accordance with Company procedures, processes and systems.
- Prepare and manage tender plan to ensure all defined deliverables are managed within agreed timeframes
- Ensure all key progress and approvals meeting are held and minuted with appropriate attendees throughout the tender process. including, but not limited to: tender kick-off, progress review, risk review, cost and contingency review, qualifications review, tender approval, clarifications, sign approval, and, project handover.
- Prepare all internal tender process approval documents throughout the tendering phase and ensure approvals are made in a timely manner
- Prepare proposals with detailed and accurate cost estimate of defined technical solution(s) including contingency and risk provisions in conjunction.
- Ensure internal project (equipment and personnel) costs are fully identified, confirmed and included in the cost estimate.
- Maintain up to date and comprehensive clarification registers for Client and subcontractors.
- Perform appropriate commercial reviews including interface with Legal for contractual reviews as required
- Actively involved in project planning
- Ensure all third party costs are fully identified, confirmed and included in the cost estimate.
- Participate in all relevant subcontractor and supplier meetings where agenda relates to commercial and contractual matters, including cost and schedule in order to be aware of all project activities which may affect the contractual position and exposure to risks.
- Ensure proper and timely handover of all relevant commercial and contractual documents to relevant departments/units following Client award of contract and at signature of contract as required.
- Manage inventory of all mobilization requirements with regular updates of Clients and Customers and keep associated documents prior to mobilization plan for a project
- Manage internal reporting of status on allocated commercial and contractual issues for allocated tenders in accordance with company procedures, processes and systems such as tender status report.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technical degree or at least sufficient technical background.
- Other relevant certification from recognized professional bodies or institutions.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in Tender, Vendor and Contract Management in an international organisation
- Communication & negotiation skills
- Presentation and Report writing skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Operational knowledge and financial acumen
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.