Adexen was mandated by a large Oil & Gas Company to recruit an experienced Business Development Manager for its operations. The position is based in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Responsibilities
Desired Skills and Experience
- To identify new business opportunities to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow.
- Be involved in careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, or enhancing the operation of the business, position, or reputation in some way.
- Contribute to the implementation of the stakeholder relations strategy by coordinating and executing the development of programs and projects to achieve objectives
- Work collaboratively across all areas of the business to ensure consistency and alignment between internal and external experience of the company stakeholder’s regarding communication
- Research and identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products, and services - or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Strategically set aims and objectives that would develop and improve the business
- Grasp a good understanding of the businesses' products or services and be able to advise others about them
- Discuss and implement promotional strategy and activities with the sales teams
- Support in the planning of sales campaigns
- Work with the Sales Division to create a sales pipeline
- Support in negotiation of pricing with customers/clients, and OEMS in some cases
- Work with the Sales Division carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings
- Work with the sales division to develop the business sales and marketing strategy.
- Coordinate & lead engagement plans and initiatives with key stakeholders – OEMS, Government (DPR, NNPC, NAPIMS, NIPEX, NCDMB etc.) & Clients; identifying the most effective ways to influence and communicate to build their understanding of our company business operations.
- Advise senior management of issues and/or risks to stakeholder relationships as soon as they arise so risks can be managed effectively
- Network with key stakeholders to gather intelligence on their concerns, attitudes, current work and upcoming projects.
- Strengthen relationships, engaging/influencing the right people to achieve the company’s strategic aims and gather intelligence on their policies, attitudes, current work, and upcoming mandates
- Advocate Company’s brand externally and build relationships with Media, Government, OEMs, Clients and Partners through creative PR & business strategies
- Support the creation of a response strategy and crisis management plan across the company
- Centralize the management and coordination of local associations representations and government relations
- Communicate legislative updates to internal teams & participate in lobbying efforts.
- Proactively coordinate engagement with OEMs, government officials, clients, and partners.
- Bachelors' degree Engineering, Business Administration, or its equivalent in any discipline.
- Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- 15 years of experience in Business Development role and at least 7 years of experience in a Senior Management role.
- Experience in working within the Oil & Gas / upstream Sector will be considered an important advantage.
- Prior work experience showing increasing levels of responsibility with a focus on operations in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Strong commercial understanding.
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills, analysis and problem solving.
- Strategic formulation and implementation.
- Conflict Management including negotiation and mediation.
- Influencing and collaboration skills.
- Effective verbal and written presentation at all levels.
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.