Adexen was mandated by an Oil & Gas Company to recruit an experienced Financial Analyst for its operations. The position is based in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Responsibilities
Desired Skills and Experience
- To provide machinery for recording financial transactions in such a manner as to comply with legal and statutory requirements.
- To ensure that controls are in place to aid accountability and protect accounting records from theft, obsolesce or destruction.
- To ensure accurate recording of revenue / sales with adequate supporting documentation in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- To ensure accurate recording of transaction / expenses with adequate supporting documentation providing reliable data to management in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Analyzing current and past financial data and performance
- Looking at current financial performance, identifying trends and providing recommendation for improvement
- Preparing reports and projections based on this analysis
- Evaluating current capital expenditures and depreciation
- Consulting with Management team to develop long-term commercial plans
- Exploring investment opportunities
- Establishing and evaluating profit plans
- Suggesting budgets and improvement based on financial information available Providing financial models and forecasting
- Providing financial models and forecasting
- Coordinating with other members of the finance team to review financial information and forecasts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Banking & Finance, or its equivalent in any discipline from a recognised University
- Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- 15 years of experience in Finance and Accounting role and at least 5 years of experience in a senior management role.
- Previous experience in working within the Oil & Gas Sector will be considered as an important advantage.
- Prior work experience showing increasing levels of responsibility with a focus on operations in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate financial records.
- Must be self-confident, honest, reliable and result oriented.
- Excellent account management skills.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.