A leading FMCG company is seeking to recruit a Procurement Manager for its operations in Nigeria. The position is based in Lagos. Responsibilities
Desired Skills and Experience
- The Procurement Manager will be responsible for providing overall supervision and coordination of all purchases of goods, equipments, raw material, and services in accordance with laid down company procedures.
- He/She will oversee to all outsourced contracts and general service duties such as maintenance of company equipments, telephone systems, stationary, visitors, expatriates, laundry, secretarial services, mails and office equipment.
- Developing, implementing and driving the purchasing policy and procedures of the company
- Sourcing and procuring of all goods and services for all Departments of the company in accordance with company policy
- Manage and develop a strong procurement team.
- Monitors and co-ordinate with suppliers and the relevant BU on orders till they are received into stock.
- Handle all non-conforming purchases and as well provide weekly reports on orders update to user Departments
- Ensure processing of VAT exemption on goods and services procured by the company
- Ensure processing of duty exemption on the purchase of L.P.G. and diesel
- Ensure all service providers deliver quality service at all times
- Service contracts administration, management as well as monitor and control stationary usage in the company
- Provide training and other support to subordinates for efficient discharge of their duties
- Monitor and control telephone expenses
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field with knowledge in Supply chain management
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
- Previous working experience in a similar senior role within a FMCG Company will be a plus
- Excellent Negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and monitor activities of subordinates and service providers
- Ability to work with diversity and a variety of personalities
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to read and write French would be ideal.
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.