Adexen was mandated by a large IT Group to recruit an experienced Asset Management and IT Infrastructure Engineer for its operations. The position is based in Lagos. Responsibilities
Desired Skills and Experience
- Determines requirements impact on existing architecture, work processes and systems, Design, troubleshooting and management of Fiber optic and network cable installations,
- Supervision of data center infrastructure equipment installations, Network design, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Radio and Wifi equipment
- Vendor supervision of data center cooling and power maintenance
- Maintenance of Data center hardware IT infrastructure
- Implementing physical inter-connectivity for core equipment at the data center
- Carrying out root cause analysis of network malfunctions and LAN connectivity failures
- Provide technical support for field service engineers on network connectivity challenges
- Report writing and documentation of activities and tasks
- Processing management’s approval for pending tasks and implementation, Complete routine, Monitors production, outputs, and services to ensure that SLAs and other quality metrics, are being met
- Gets feedback from IT operation team on system-operating capacity in terms of (e.g., disk space, storage, and CPU utilization) and ensures prompt action as it may require
- Maintains, monitors, and supports the Data Center infrastructure environment and/or facilities,
- Provides operations support, maintenance, and administration for network systems as a team member, CCTV and UPS management, wireless Radio Network Management and Voice and Video infrastructure suppor
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business, Engineering or related areas
- 5+ years of experience in Configuration/Asset management.
- Structured Network Cabling, Fiber Optics Cabling, Datacenter management and design Skills
- Technical Report Writing skills, ITIL, Network infrastructure management, Server Infrastructure management, Radio access management, Risk and safety assessment management, Power and Cooling management, Cloud infrastructure management. Attentiveness to detail
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Professional certification in asset management will be an added advantage.
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.