Adexen was mandated by an international FMCG Group to recruit a Financial Accountant. The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria. Responsibilities
Desired Skills and Experience
- Support the Financial Controller with a wide variety of functions which include transactional processing, financial analysis, annual budget development and monitoring, cost allocation, monthly forecasts, program and annual audit support and the implementation of financial and compliance controls.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies, procedures and controls in accordance with sound accounting principles, applicable regulations and laws as well as best practices.
- Perform monthly analysis of financial performance.
- Coordinate monthly and year end close.
- Process and post journal entries for routine transactions and ensure accuracy of the General Ledger.
- Prepare supporting schedules for specific general ledger accounts.
- Analyse and reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Perform periodic reviews of accounting and financial controls and processes for the entire organization.
- Manage annual year-end audit process.
- Coordinate state and federal tax audit and compliance workstream.
- Prepare monthly finance compliance report
- Prepare Finance Decks and other strategic presentations.
- Provide ad-hoc commercial analysis and presentation and other activities as directed by Chief Finance Officer, General Manager Finance and Financial Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any other related discipline.
- MBA is an added advantage.
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA, or any similarly recognized professional accounting qualifications is required.
- Minimum of 8 years accounting experience in a similar role within an international group
- Specific experiences in audit, financial reporting, financial management, control and leadership.
- Ability to work within a team, ability to manage people, distinctive competence in IFRS, corporate reporting, management accounting and financial management & control.
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.