Adexen was mandated by a leading manufacturing company to recruit a Maintenance Engineer. The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria. Responsibilities
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ensuring compliance to engineering norms, policies, and procedures of the company with the objective of achieving a zero-breakdown culture by constantly developing, planning, and implementing maintenance best practices
- Maintenance & Engineering
- Ensure that the Maintenance activity is efficiently manned and supervised to ensure maximum productivity and the effective completion of work programs to required standards;
- to maintain effective and high-level Machine Reliability production;
- Ensure there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
- Develop, plan, and implement good maintenance practices to ensure effective asset utilization;
- Analyze breakdowns and put corrective measures to improve Availability and OEE
- Ensure that all safety rules are in place during maintenance operations;
- Deal with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
- Write maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines
- Ensure that operations (including those of contractors) conform to environmental policies, guidelines and laws.
- Keep abreast of industry best practice.
- Identify training needs of team members to enhance skills and develop/maintain a motivated team.
- Plan and conduct training for plant personnel on maintenance best practices
- Review requirements of spares and ensure availability;
- Review cost of spares and maintenance and ensure adherence to budgets;
- Develop alternate vendors to improve performance and cost;
- Monitor specific fuel & energy consumption at each stage, review and work towards reduction of consumption & costs.
- Ensure that the supply of tools, equipment and materials is maintained to run operations efficiently
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering from a recognised University
- 6+ years of experience in industrial environment within a international organisation
- Strong Mechanical Background (conveyors- chain/belt, pumps, compressors, Generators);
- Electrical/Control Engineering Background will be added advantage;
- Ability to interpret, make and modify, simple to complex, Machine / Engineering drawings;
- Good knowledge of AutoCad;
- Experience of implementing TPM would be an advantage;
- Exposure to Lean or Six Sigma would be an added advantage;
- Computer literate (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.