Adexen was mandated by a leading manufacturing company to recruit a Production / Process Engineer. The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria. Responsibilities
Desired Skills and Experience
- To plan, organize and control the production facility of the lines in order to produce the required products within agreed quality and cost specifications
- Ensuring training of personnel to new technologies
- Ensuring that the Company’s Safety policy and procedures are adhered to and are communicated to the workforce effectively
- Managing the identification and rectification of safety issues including analysis of safety results and incidents
- Ensuring all accidents, incidents, and near misses are recorded, investigated, and closed off in a timely manner
- Maintaining 5S housekeeping standards
- Ensuring that the correct Quality standards are complied with
- Developing and implementing operating methods and procedures to improve product quality
- Ensuring training is conducted to the correct standards and competency levels
- Ensuring SHEQ Management and compliance within his perimeter of activities
- Maintaining, reviewing and developing the Quality Management System to establish and maintain quality standards
- Motivation of personnel
- Maintain good industrial relations between factory staff and management
- Leading and coaching Team Leaders, subordinates and supervisory personnel on company’s values
- Participation to recruitment and selection of new employees
- Conducting performance appraisals for direct subordinates
- Ensuring training programs are developed and adhered to
- Organising and controlling the production facility to produce at the correct quality, correct cost and at the correct time.
- Developing and motivating production staff to achieve agreed objectives regarding efficiency, quality, industrial relations, health and safety.
- Ensuring plant performance OEE target are adhered too.
- Reviewing and analysing production, quality data to determine causes of non-conformity by using internal CI tools (R-EWO, QP-EWO, HER-CA and A3)
- Ensuring the implementation of all standard practices in the plants.
- Optimising production process that results in the effective use of raw materials both in terms of quality and cost.
- Management of labour costs and shift structures through the monitoring and control of overtime.
- Managing the BOM’s, routing’s and production versions in SAP of his lines.
- Managing AM/PM pillar with the maintenance team
- Managing manufacturing variances and identifying corrective actions.
- Engineer degree, preferably a master’s degree in engineering or operations management
- Extended Industrial experience: min 10 years in a continuous manufacturing or process industry of which min 5 years in a leadership production position.
- Possess Technical skills with good knowledge industrial process and equipment. (pumps, conveyor systems, valves, load cells,..)
- Outstanding acquaintance with safety, health, and environment regulations
- Experience of implementing TPM, Lean or Six Sigma would be an advantage
- Computer literate (Microsoft package and SAP)
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.