Adexen was mandated by an international Oil & Gas company to recruit an Inspection Engineer. The position is based in Lagos. Responsibilities
Desired Skills and Experience
- on-stream and shutdown inspections of the plant
- execution of corrosion control programs, project quality control
- weld quality administration, material control and preparation of various inspection reports with -appropriate repair/replacement recommendations and keep a continuous track on such recommendations.
- Performs duties of the Unit Inspection Engineer and handles day to day inspection activities as well as the long term inspection planning and, execution of such programs with good OME -coordination including construction sites or maintenance projects to resolve inspection related problems, or appraise adequacy of inspection and safe operation.
- Ensures that all unit equipment and piping records are updated and entered into a computer data bases.
- Periodically review the data base information and ensures that appropriate repairs/replacements to the equipment are recommended
- assures that all required on stream inspections such as NDT are performed on time.
- Visits the Process Unit and the Operations Control Room daily and reports the highlights to the Inspection Supervisor and Area Proponent.
- Coordinates inspection related activities with the Operations and Maintenance Divisions.
- Uses effectively the industry practices and codes
- Conducts refinery equipment design calculations and remaining life assessments for in-service equipment and evaluate methods, techniques and material utilization for extended run lengths.
- Understands the company objectives with emphasis to quality goals and work to help achieve them.
- Always values team efforts, respects others and other work disciplines, and demonstrates flexibility while ensuring the inspection goals are safely achieved.
- Responsible for reviewing all technical problems relating to inspection engineering and to assist the Unit Supervisor in solving such problems.
- The primary responsibility, however, is to see that all construction and maintenance projects are completed according to all applicable codes and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University
- Minimum 8 years of practical inspection experience within an international Oil & Gas company.
- Willingness to learn and capture knowledge and experience.
- Strong personal skills in term of team work and communications.
- Relevant Industry experience incl inspection of major pressure systems.
- Knowledge of inspection, mechanical engineering, welding, materials, corrosion mechanisms, NDT techniques & QA/QC relative to fabrications
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.