View all 2607 Jobs
Job vacancy WASH Technician
International Medical Corps (IMC)
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Wash Technician
Job ID: DAM/WASH/04
Location: Damboa, Borno
- The WASH Technician will be responsible for providing support to the WASH team on the hardware components of the WASH program including construction and drilling/rehabilitation of water points especially in the areas of BOQ development, drawing / designs and day to day supervision of field works to ensure contractors are deliver quality infrastructures works including but not limited to latrines and water points construction/rehabilitation, construction and/or rehabilitation of health facilities, GBV women centres.
- Work with WASH Project Officer to conduct continual review of the designs and functionality of the water supply systems (and other water points) to ensure efficient operation as well as reliability and safe water distribution.
- Act as the main technical personal in the development of BoQs and designs for all WASH works on the various projects including but not limited to latrines construction, water points drilling and rehabilitation.
- Work with the WASH Project Officer to design templates, construction contracts for WASH related works, and a system for monitoring the progress of works and performance of hired contractor.
- Provide rigorous supervision of WASH hardware works in the various various camps and host communities in Maiduguri and Damboa
- Provide technical supervision to contractors undertaking various IMC works in camps and host communities and ensure delivered work is up to stand as required by IMC
- Review technical reports from the various contractors and provide recommendations to the WASH Project Officer as to whether the delivered infrastructures meet the required standards and quality by IMC
- Provide technical inputs in assessments for new project areas
- Provide technical inputs in the production of IMC regular reports both internally and externally: Weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc….
- Provide technical input/ verification in the quality and quantity of materials received from suppliers before it is received by the logistics.
- Liaise with contractors on the quantity and quality of materials to be requested form logistic and makes the request on time for prompt delivery to site.
- Be involved in capacity building of Water Management and Sanitation committees especially with regards to routine maintenance techniques.
- Provide updates to WASH Manager on state of IMC Water and Sanitation infrastructure by working closely with the trained WATSAN committees in the communities on regular basis.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs