View all 2607 Jobs
Job vacancy Pharmacy Technician
International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Requisition ID: req9830
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Open to Expatriates: No
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Fixed Term
- The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies, provides relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of natural disaster, oppression and violent conflict in 42 countries.
- The IRC is committed to bold leadership, innovation and creative partnerships. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
- IRC entered Nigeria in October 2012 in response to a widespread flood disaster. The IRC is now in the process of establishing long term presence in Nigeria. An office has been established in Borno State, North East Nigeria and IRC is providing critical humanitarian assistance to conflict affected people.
Scope of Work:
- The Pharmacist Technician is the technical referent on compliance with quality, management and dispensing of medicines and medical material for the IRC Gwoza Field office. Reports directly to the Medical Supervisor (line supervisor) with dotted line to Roving Pharmacy Manager.
- In close collaboration with the Pharmacy manager, warehouse officer(s) and dispensers, develops stock levels alert (based on an average monthly consumption (AMC) and morbidity data); Gathers stock indicators, analyze them and discuss with to the Medical supervisor, Health Manager / Roving Pharmacy Manager so as to avoid stock-outs and the financial losses generated by expired items.
- Ensure quality assurance: Focal point for Good Distribution Practices and Good Dispensing practices in clinics.
- Maintain and monitor a good record of receiving, storing, dispatching of medical items at the stores in line with IRC guidelines or/and procedures.
- Conduct supervisory visits to supported Health facilities and IRC Mobile clinic cliic site to oversee the receipt of items (checking of expire date, quantity and quality, etc.) and make sure that all necessary paperwork's are completed.
- Regularly monitor the quality of product in storage and report any concern to the medical supervisor, Pharmacy manager. Follow the GSC Pharma SOP requirements for the management of damaged items.
- Organize drugs delivery to the different sites and Partner organizations in collaboration with Warehouse assistant, SC Logistics Supervisor and health Project Manager.
- Update and control all pharmacy files (including sites' ones) monthly. Ensure monthly physical inventory and fill the inventory file.
- Maintain permanently good housekeeping of the IRC pharma stores (checking of temperature and hygiene).
- Ensure the security of the pharmacy as per the GSC warehousing policy.
- Follow up the monthly consumption and calculate the needs for local and urgent international orders in collaboration with Supply Chain team.
- When needed support the team in dispense medicines and/or medical supplies to patients, as prescribed by the clinician
- Provide patients and their caregivers with adequate information on drug usage, possible side effects and additional advice as appropriate and in adherence to MoH protocols.
- Alert the clinician when inconsistencies of prescriptions are noted in view of patient safety and compliance.
- Maintain daily records of drug consumption and drugs stock, and submit weekly reports to the clinical health officer and pharmacy technician.
- Observe trends in drug consumption and timely alert the clinical health officer when supplies need to be replenished.
- Participate in continuous medical education program with the IRC health team.
- Promote the quality of the IRC’s health programs by following the measures put in place in collaboration with other staff and the IRC health unit.
- Conduct additional tasks as requested by the Medical supervisor and Health officer to assist in the running of the mobile team on day-to-day basis.
- Ensure a good working relationship with the mobile team and with staff at supported health facilities.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs