View all 2269 Jobs
Job vacancy Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the leading UN organization in Reproductive Health and Population and Development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst, Kaduna, Nigeria - Service Contract _SB4
Job ID: 31581
Location: Kaduna, Nigeria
Grade Level: Sb4
Post Number: 00097251
Duration: One year (renewable based on availability of funds and satisfactory performance
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- The Nigeria Country Programme is monitored through the Country Office in Abuja and the four decentralized offices in Cross River, Kaduna, Lagos and Borno States.
- The decentralized office based in Kaduna State is covering Kaduna, Kebbi, Sokoto, Bauchi and Gombe States supporting Maternal Health, Sexual and Reproductive Health (includes ASRH), Gender based violence and Population and Development including data collection and use to support the program areas. The central office plays the coordination role and assumes an oversight function; it is also responsible for resource mobilization, strategic planning and monitoring and evaluation.
- The decentralised office is improving its focus on result based management and quality delivery of programme results.To strengthen this process and for UNFPA to keep its leadership role in the area of reproductive health and youth issues and data management and use even at the sub-national levels, the country office is looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst for its Kaduna decentralized office.
- The M&E Analyst position will be based in the Kaduna DO and would report to the Programme Coordinator/Head of the DO with technical oversight by the National Program Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation based in the Country Office, Abuja.
How you can make a difference:
- UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled.UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
- In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
- UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The M&E Analyst provides overall technical support for monitoring and evaluation and data management across the full range of the work of the DO:
- S/he analyses, assesses relevant political, social and economic trends, and provides substantive inputs to project formulation, monitoring and evaluation, joint programming initiatives and State development frameworks.
- The M&E analyst guides and facilitates the delivery of UNFPA’s programmes by monitoring results achieved during implementation.
- S/he guides the development of methodologies as well as capacity development in monitoring and evaluation principles and practices to ensure relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, sustainability, and impact of the work of the UNFPA.
- S/he works in close collaboration with the Country Office to ensure compliance with technical norms, rules and regulations.
- S/he supports States to build capacity in data generation and use.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
You would be responsible for:
- In collaboration with State Government counterparts, NGOs and other partners, contributes substantively to the formulation and design of the country programme and its component projects in line with State Government priorities and according to UNFPA programme policies and procedures.
- Ensures quality of programme / project design incorporating lessons learned, newly developed policies and best practices and establishing appropriate execution and monitoring mechanisms and systems.
- Analyzes and interprets the political, social and economic environment relevant to population and development, reproductive health and gender, and identifies opportunities for UNFPA assistance and intervention.
- Keeps abreast of new policy developments and strategies analyzing policy papers, strategy documents, State plans and development frameworks, and prepares briefs and inputs for policy dialogue, technical assistance coordination, and development frameworks.
- Expedites and coordinates project monitoring establishing collaborative relationships with executing agencies, experts, State government counterparts and other UN agencies facilitating timely and efficient monitoring of project inputs and addressing training needs of project personnel.
- Helps create and document knowledge about current and emerging population development trends, RH and gender issues, by analyzing programme, projects, strategies, approaches and ongoing experience for lessons learned, best practices, and shares with management for use in knowledge sharing and planning future strategies.
- Assists advocacy and resource mobilization efforts of Country Office by preparing relevant documentation, i.e. project summaries, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles, and participating in donor meetings and public information events.
- Assume the overall responsibility for overseeing Decentralized Office Monitoring and Evaluation
- In conjunction with other technical staff at the DO, Provide support and guidance to the DO program planning, monitoring and evaluation activities including state level planning and reviews of AWP activities
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports on the program implementation, schedule and financial status and assist in the preparation of the Annual Work Plans (AWPs) for all the states covered by the DO
- Document lessons learned from program design and implementation at the DO with a view to contributing to relevant bulletins for the Country Office
- Monitor the development of Action Plans and the implementation of the recommendations of mission and field visits or missions to the DO
- Assess training needs relevant to monitoring, evaluation and management information systems and provide, if required, training to DO and IP staff.
- Operationalize the Country Office arrangements for collecting, analyzing and reporting programme data to ensure the availability of data to measure indicators for evidence based programming at the DO;
- Develop the Program mid and end of year report for the DO with a view to contributing to the Country Office wide midyear and annual reports
- Provide technical and multi-sectoral support to the DO and support all M&E and data related issues in the humanitarian program of the Office as the need arises
- Work with the state HMIS Officers in the states ministries of health to ensure routine NHMIS data are transmitted from the PHC through the LGAs to the national level
- Support the State HMIS officers and the LGA M&E Officers to coordinate the periodic LGA M&E meetings to strengthen the data management and use processes at these levels.
- Perform any other task that may be assigned by the Head of Office.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs