View all 2165 Jobs
Job vacancy Programme / Administrative Assistant
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Programme / Administrative Assistant
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the leading UN organization in Reproductive Health and Population and Development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme / Administrative Assistant
Job ID: 31583
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (West and Central Africa)
Grade Level: SB3
Post Number: 00098898
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Duration: One Year (Renewable based on availiabity of funds and statisfactory performance)
- The Program Admin Assistant position is located in Lagos Liaison Office. Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Liaison Office, the Program/Admin Associate provides programmatic, administrative and secretarial support, maintaining full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, information flow and follow up on deadlines and commitments made.
- This position is a Project Funded post that will be for a maximum of 5 years based on availability of funds
How you can make a difference:
- UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
- In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
- UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
- The incumbent performs administrative and secretarial support to the Program Officers in close collaboration with the Head of office.
- The incumbent also provides organizational functions of the office in terms of providing effective communications support to the office; ensure facilitation of knowledge building and management and logistical support,
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
You would be responsible for:
- Receiving Visitors into the office/answering/attending to all enquiries in respect of the Lagos Sub-office.
- Receives incoming mails, sort them and distribute the mails to appropriate officers for necessary action.
- Prepares and processes out-going mails for pick-up by Courier Service, tracks movement of mails and monitors delivery at various destinations.
- Review incoming correspondence, collect and prepare necessary information for the Head of Office’s reply/action; take dictations and types correspondence, document and reports ensuring that spelling, punctuation and format are correct; and draft and finalize responses to routine matters.
- Make photocopies, files documents of the Sub-office and retrieves them for action by appropriate staff.
- Source for quotations and undertake minor purchases.
- Participates in the identification and formulation of country programme and projects, by compiling and analysing information in the subject areas of UNFPA assistance to the Government, drafts project documents and prepares tables and statistical data.
- Supports the evaluation of project and programme activities, establishing and implementing mechanisms to systematically assess the achievement of results, conducting field visits, participating in review meetings and evaluation missions and prepare regular inputs to status and progress reports. Facilitates analysis of factors affecting the achievement of results, recommends corrective actions and follow up on recommendations.
- Ensure proper documentation and processing of approved Implementing Partners’ Annual Work Plan and quarterly FACE Forms, to relevant Officers for necessary action as well as undertake related ATLAS functions.
- In coordination with the Country Office, supports routine implementation of assigned projects, coordination the delivery of project inputs, ensuring participation of States counterparts in training activities and study tours.
- Supports the advocacy and resource mobilization initiatives of the sub-office by compiling and synthesizing relevant background material for use in discussions and public events.
- Organizes advocacy events and serves as the public relations and media focal point for the sub-office.
- Managing and maintenance of office assets, equipment and vehicles
- Undertake any other assignments as may be required by the Head of Lagos Liaison Office.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 25 Nov, 2020JOB BYXyCareers Nigeria
See all jobs