View all 2269 Jobs
Job vacancy Senior Agronomist
Whitfield Ventures Limited
Whitfield Ventures Limited is a global trading company with an active presence in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia. We have pioneered and specialized in supplying Nigeria and West African clients with globally sourced products and services that are critical to laying the foundations for a modern economy. Inversely, we also distribute locally sourced raw and processed agricultural products from West Africa to the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Agronomist
- Establish and manage all Moringa organic farming and other agribusiness matters including seedling nursery, transplanting, irrigation, fertilization, disease detection and prevention, weed management and related activities.
- Study soil, plants, seeds, and products to better understand crop needs and develop more effective and efficient farming practices. Conduct research, take and test samples, and solve complex problems.
- Deliver agreed revenue, cash-flow and profit targets as set out in the business plan from time-to-time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out Various Agronomist activities which are not limited to the following: Site selection, soil sampling and analysis, identifying equipment needed for planting and fertilizer processes, irrigation requirements, wedding requirements and plant measurements.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties.
- Maintain compliance with ARM rules and procedures and to maintain compliance with regulatory statutes and authorities.
- Studying plants and soil in order to develop better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improve crop yield, and solve problems as it relates to the job function.
- Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples as well as testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Managing teams of scientists while conducting field visits or laboratory work.
- Execution and monitoring the performance of his direct area of responsibility.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs