Job vacancy Vice President, Real Estate Finance
View all 1435 Jobs
Stanbic IBTC Bank
Vice President, Real Estate Finance
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vice President, Real Estate Finance
Job ID: 48591
Location: Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Investment Banking
This team focuses on the Real Estate equities portfolio in South Africa and the rest of our African operations, spanning Joint Ventures and Affordable Housing Development, which supports our commitment to meaningful transformation by providing high-quality homes for low-income households.
- To provide deal execution management, guidance and support to junior colleagues (both associates and analysts) for all transactional and administrative aspects involved throughout the entire Real Estate finance value chain process (i.e. advisory, origination, debt structuring, execution, financial close and ongoing transaction monitoring for all projects).
Identifying and developing opportunities:
- Assist in developing debt structuring/arranging and / or advisory mandates for identified opportunities
Developing comprehensive financial models:
- Developing and manipulation of excel spreadsheets and other comprehensive financial models for Real Estate finance transactions
Data gathering and base case development:
- Assist in undertaking data gathering for model / spreadsheet inputs and working alongside relevant consultants in finalizing Base Case models for debt funding transactions
- Assist in undertaking financial analysis of company / projects and project financial statements and preparing brief internal reports based on findings
Developing and managing deal execution and project deliverables:
- Assist in developing and managing execution of deal and project deliverables during the entire transaction value chain (this will include but not limited to the following;- preparation and review of Information Memorandum, Transaction Timetables, Financial Models, Internal Transaction Documents (i.e. Pre Credit papers and Credit Papers, Investment Teasers, Term Sheets, Loan Documentation etc)
Developing innovative financial solutions:
- Working in conjunction with other team members in putting forward innovative financing solutions to clients, the bank’s senior management and colleagues
Preparing presentation materials
- Assist in preparing presentation materials and presenting deal structures to other units within the bank, at client marketing pitches and to co-financiers and investors
Submitting work In Progress Reports:
- Assist in submitting Work In Progress Reports to senior management located in Nigeria and South Africa
- Preparing transaction summaries identifying key follow-up and monitoring steps after transaction closing for the benefit of other business groups
Establishing and maintaining relationships with clients:
- Establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with existing and potential clients and accompanying other senior members of the bank at client meetings
Preparing client calling reports:
- Preparing and distributing client Calling Reports in a timely manner
Transaction consultant monitoring:
- Monitoring and following up on deliverables being prepared by consultants assigned to transactions
Assisting senior colleagues:
- Assist senior members of the department in day-to-day work as delegated and carrying out other duties as required by the job
Provide guidance and allocate tasks to junior members of staff:
- Provide guidance to junior members of staff in undertaking their duties
- Provide support in allocation tasks to junior members of staff
Preparing files for audit:
- Preparing files as to be ready for the annual audit process and assist in discussing, responding and reacting to comments raised by the Audit division
Staying up-to-date on relevant market information:
- Keeping abreast of developments in the local, regional and international Real Estate finance market
Ensure adherence to policies:
- Ensure that the policies and procedures of the bank are being followed.
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs