Job vacancy Human Resource and Administrative Assistant
View all 1522 Jobs
Human Resource and Administrative Assistant
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to the dignity of people. Our Mission CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. Our Vision We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live with dignity and security.
Job Title: Human Resource and Administrative Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Position Type: Regular
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
Experience: Minimum of 2 years NGO experience
Eligibility: In compliance with the Borno Bill, this position is open to only indigenes of Borno State
- Under general supervision of the HR Officer and working closely with the Admin Officer, performs a variety of clerical duties related to the HR functions. S/he shall ensure that the overall day to day running of the office administration is conducted in an efficient and cost-effective manner while keeping in mind legal considerations and donor requirements where necessary.
- Assist in administering the recruitment process by receiving and opening application letters/emails, file in accordance with the title of positions for shortlisting by HR Officer. Prepare the matrix of shortlisted candidates as required.
- Support in the coordination of staff recruitment and send the report to HR Officer
- Support in preparing contracts for staff and send to HR Officer
- Contact candidates for writing tests and interviews. Assist in administering computers for the writing test.
- Maintain the consultant roster and translators/interpreters roster. Be responsible for the filing of consultants' files.
- Record and maintain attendance records of all staff to ensure the accuracy of all records
- Compile and assist with the shortlist of the candidates and invite shortlisted candidates for interviews.
- Liaise with recruiting managers to prepare interview questions and prepare interview summaries after each interview.
- Participate in Interviews as and when necessary.
- Ensure Anti-terrorism and reference checks are carried out before offer letters are issued out.
- Ensure timely submission of recruitment information to the HR Manager or designate
- Support the database and monitor expiry dates of all staff contracts and renew as and when necessary;
- Monitor staff absence and leave and ensure the filing of appropriate documentation,
- Performs other HR-related duties, as required.
- Ensure correct use of office equipment, servicing, repairs and ensure controls are maintained
- Organizing supplies needed for the events such as training, workshops, seminars, meetings, etc. (stationary, refreshments, lunch, etc.)
- Ensure administrative policies and procedures are followed.
- Provide back-up support to the program support staff in general office work
- Maintain petty cash operation and ensure internal controls and petty cash policies are followed adequately.
- Keep a record of stationary usage for monthly orders (photocopy paper, flipchart paper, stationery for workshops and for the office)
- Type documents and input data as required
- Photocopy and bind documents as required
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs