Job vacancy Human Resources / Admin Assistant
View all 983 Jobs
Human Resources / Admin Assistant
About the Job
- Acted Nigeria Mission operates throughout the North East Region of Nigeria. Due to the nature of operations, the geographical locations in which we as a mission deliver humanitarian aid, the unpredictable and ever-changing context, staff accountability procedures, the importance of effective communications and the concern of staff safety and security during any field deployments within this context is of a huge concern:
- The Administration / Human Resource Assistant is responsible for ACTED Administration and Human resources (staff management, recruitments, filing and training organization in his/her area of intervention
Administration / Liaison:
- Update monthly the World Directory for Nigeria and share with HQ
- Update the ACTED Nigeria Contact list for all staff monthly and ensure monthly dissemination
- Support the management of ACTED premises lease & ensure contracts are updated and renewed for each premises;
- Support the process for Registration as needed
- Ensure ACTED office lease follow-up is in place
- Track ACTEDs consumption of electricity and water for consummation follow-up of running costs
- Manage the Cleaners for ACTED GH and Office
- Ensure adequate availability and timely replenishment of office / GH cleaning supplies as identified by the cleaners.
Human Resources Management
- National Staff:
- Assist with the HR management of staff in Area Office & Area Sub bases (if any);
- Liaise with other bases to support with HR documentation and processes
- Assist with contract follow-up for national staff, including management of notification of upcoming ends of contracts with Heads of Departments for follow-up and decisions on staff contracts
- Support in collecting and compiling all the HR documents such as leave request, timesheets, TOIL Mission Leave, ensuring they are filed both in hard and soft copy.
- Support the staff appraisal process during bi-annual review Management of Award and or disciplinary action to staff as per ACTED HR Manual after approval of Country Representative;
- Management/Follow up of staff leaves, provide necessary forms for staff, while needed;
- Follow up of ACTED HR standards templates in line with ACTED HR Manual/internal regulations
- Update and maintain ACTED Maiduguri Organization Chart in accordance to the size of program (new staff, new dept. & new projects);
- Responsible for tracking new employees, welcome packages and arranging ID cards.
- On boarding for newly employed staff
- Conducting Orientation
- Assist in the preparation of monthly pay slips for staff salaries
- Brief Training for all new national staff on ACTED system, procedures, code of conduct and internal regulation
- Answer employees’ questions and provide requested information
- Maintain schedule and coordinate calendar activities
- Support HR Manager on work permits for international staff and dealing with legal follow-up
- Maintain and follow up of international staff attendance sheet and send on monthly basis to HR Officer
- Drafting of all letters related to international staff ( extension ,Invitation Introduction letters Etc)
- Support to the Recruitment process as needed:
- Prepare vacancy announcements for National staff recruitment at in area of intervention after the Recruitment Request Form signed and approved by CFM and CR.
- Ensure that ToRs are prepared by line manager prior to release the vacancy announcement;
- Ensure that all CVs will be reviewed by relevant dept. or requester prior short listing;
- Prepare a comprehensive/clear short list for successful candidates to attend for Interview(s)
- Ensure to collect all necessary documents of applicants as indicated in ACTED HR Manual;
- Ensure to check successful candidate “Reference Check” prior to offer the position;
- Draft employment contract for staff and collect all information required for contract. (ID card, photos, identification information, “recruitment package” etc.
- General Filing:
- Create Standard ACTED Admin / HR filing system (include official correspondences, premises contracts, governmental tax follow up, recruitment process documents etc);
- Create thorough personal folders system for national staff;
- Store the staff personal folders in safe and secure cabinet with no access to unauthorized staff;
- Ensure that the personal folder database have been updated on regular basis;
- Completion of a University Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or closely related Social Sciences
- Languages: English required (Hausa and Kanuri– added advantage)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Access and Microsoft Outlook.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience in administration/human resources and in similar position.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge and application of Nigeria Labour Laws.
- Previous team experience and knowledge of team dynamics desirable
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to organize tasks simultaneously, prioritize work and ensure tasks are completed by deadline
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy.
- Willing to adhere to and implement the ACTED rules.
- Good inter-personal and conflict resolution skills, able to work under pressure and manage personal stress
1st April, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager,
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs