Job vacancy IT Security Officer (Junior Officer)
View all 763 Jobs
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners
IT Security Officer (Junior Officer)
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
- The role Leads and continually improve the Enterprise Cyber security posture, provide technical expertise on Enterprise wide Security related issues and work with Security team to define appropriate Frameworks
- Lead investigations and proactively assist Senior Management in defining strategies to protect Corporate data from attack.
- Lead cybersecurity initiatives in conjunction with Group Cybersecurity team.
- Design and implement security controls to safeguard and monitor events for information systems, enterprise applications and data.
- Lead the implementation of Information Security projects
- Drive internal and external vulnerability assessment, penetration tests engagements and manage results to remediation.
- Respond to escalated security events and drive security incident response processes to ensure timely resolution with minimal disruption.
- Design, document, and deploy secure infrastructure solutions to enhance and evolve the security posture of the business to ensure integrity, availability and confidentiality of all critical enterprise data.
- Provide expertise on security tools, including but not limited to firewalls, Web Application firewalls, IDS/IDP, anti-malware software
- Liaise with stakeholders in respect of operational implementation of security policies and best practices
- Collaborate with the Client Server Team to ensure that technical plans are practical, controls are sustainable, and implementations are managed to minimize risks and adverse impact to servers, workstations and user productivity.
- Implement the infrastructure, configurations and processes to monitor security related events
- Prevent data loss and service interruptions by researching new technologies that will effectively protect the enterprise network.
- Minimum of first Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology/Systems or related discipline preferred
- Age between 21 -26
- Possession of relevant Cybersecurity related certification is desirable
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in an area of Security specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a Large organization and preferably in the Telecommunications industry
- Strong background as an Engineer/Architect in application security infrastructure and various network technologies to include devices such as firewalls, VPN, intrusion/extrusion detection, vulnerability & risk assessment tools, encryption technologies, virus/worm/malware prevention, E-business and web application technologies, Data Loss Prevention, whole disk & device encryption solutions, two-factor authentication, common Windows (desktop & server) platforms,
- Experience with Microsoft, Solaris, Unix, Oracle and MS SQL
- Experience working in telecommunications industry
- Managing network and / or network security
- Knowledge should be current with information security best practices and global trends
- Knowledge of security best practices such as; defense in-depth, least privileges, need-to-know, separation of duties, access controls, encryption
- User account identity, authorization and authentication management.
- Security incident and event management
- Experience in researching new or emerging technologies and processes that may be incorporated as solutions to reoccurring security concern
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs